Sunday, November 4, 2018

Eighth Year of Projects - Week 19



Hello everyone and welcome to Week 19 of the Eighth Year of Projects and Day 4 of NaBloPoMo!

I have had a fairly productive week.  I spent some time working on my Texture Time Shawl and I am nearly half done with Clue #2.  I am clearly far behind everyone else...  Oh well, I am still enjoying the knit and will love the shawl once it is finally finished!  Since last week I have added four squiggles and three Latvian braids.  One more squiggle and two braids left to complete the first half of the clue.  Here is what it looks like now:


And I have a new cast on!!  I started a pair of Christmas socks!  I had dyed some Christmas yarn a little while back and now that my Sockhead Slouch Hat is finished I decided to add a new WIP to my pile!  I am knitting them two at a time and am using a basic vanilla sock recipe.  I am at about 5 1/4 inches now and plan to go to about 7 inches on the legs before I start my heel flaps.  I don't really like a long sock - my calves are too large for long socks (or I should say I don't want to work out how much I need to do for increases to fit!)  Anyway, here is my progress this week on my Christmas socks (there are two pictures - one from each side so you can see the spiraling and pooling - which I actually like (I know many people do not like this...)) :



I have a new episode up of my podcast:


And I am happily continuing with my NaBloPoMo challenge where I plan to blog each and every day through the month of November.  So far I am on track!  I am also participating in NaKnitMo this month too.  Here I am committing to knitting 50,000 stitches this month!  That works out to an average of 1666.67 stitches per day - so far I am a bit ahead of schedule.  I have tried this challenge before but did not succeed - maybe this year?

I hope everyone has an amazing week!

10 comments:

  1. I like the way the colors swirl on your socks. Reminds me of candy cane stripes. Perfect for Christmas socks. As long as gou are enjoying the knitting of the shawl, you can be as far behind as you want. The art of creating is where the fun is at. Good luck with the naknitmo. I am enjoying your daily posts this month!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Really cheerful socks! I also like how your texture time is coming along. After seeing the first FOs on Ravelry, I decided I want to make one, too - but not in the near future, I guess.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like how the Texture Time shawl is coming along and I always think as long as you are enjoying the process, the time it takes is irrelevant. I love the Christmas socks and honestly think it's the best display of pooling I've seen, it looks great against the pale background.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your Textured Time Shawl is so cool. And your Christmas socks are cute. That really is pretty nifty pooling. Going now to watch your podcast while I crochet some on my blanket. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am planning on doing some dyeing this week, your Christmas yarn has inspired me

    ReplyDelete
  6. That Texture Time Shawl looks amazing - really interesting!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the pooling and the spiraling on the Christmas socks. They literally look good enough to eat! Hmmmm 50000 stitches in November - I think I could do it.....first I heard of that challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Texture time is looking brilliant and it doesn't matter how long it takes you as long as you enjoy it. I love the spirally pooling on your Christmas socks.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your Christmas socks are so pretty.They are truly festive and very Christmasy. I finally watched your first podcast! Good job! I will continue although I have been staying away from t.v. a bit since my projects require focus but hopefully this week I will have some t.v. watching projects. I have to catch up!
    The Texture Time shawl is just beautiful. It looks difficult but gorgeous. I need to put you on my blog list! I am so slow! I didn't know you were doing NaBloPoMo too and on top of that you've committed to 50,000 stitches? You are a better woman than I! Good luck with all you do and all your projects! You're my new role model!

    ReplyDelete