Sunday, November 25, 2018

Eighth Year of Projects - Week 22


Today is Week 22 of the Eighth Year of Projects, NaBloPoMo Day 25, and Day 11 of my self imposed WIP-it Down Week!  

I have had a very productive week!  I have worked on each and every WIP over the past eleven days of my WIP-it Down Week and I am sad that the week is nearly over (and that I need to go back to work on Monday).  Oh well, the Christmas break is not far off now!

My Sock Scrap-ghan looks the same as it did last week so I won't bother showing an update picture :)

I made progress on my Vanilla Christmas socks - I have finished the gusset decreasing and am moving down the foot now.  Here is where I am:


I made progress on my new sock design too.  I had the cuff done some time ago and now have added two repeats on the leg.  I am considering whether to add one more repeat or not.  I am leaning towards adding it...  Here is where I am now:


I worked on my Rowe Cardigan and have finished the ribbing on both the front pieces.  I am knitting these two at a time to make sure they are both nice and even.  Next up I need to get moving up the cable portion! 


And I worked on my Texture Time Shawl.  I am still a long way from being close to finished this.  I am not even half way done yet, but I am still enjoying the knit!


I also cast on two new projects this week.  I know - I was on a WIP-it Down mission, but...

New cast on number 1 - the Advent 2018 Scarf.  I knit the initial ribbing and the daily clues began to appear yesterday.  I am working on Day 2 right now.  here is a picture of what it looked like at the end of Day 1:  (the markers will show the end of each daily clue)


New cast on number 2 - the Julenatt Mittens (a Mystery Mitten KAL by Skeindeer Knits).  The first clue for these came out on November 21st and the second clue came out yesterday.  I am still working on Clue #1 on mitten #1.  Here is what they look like now:


And finally I posted my newest podcast early this morning.  


Over the next week I plan to try to keep up with my two new KALs.  I also have bought some fabric and I want to try to sew myself a couple of project bags!  Hopefully I will have those to show you next week!

Until then...  

6 comments:

  1. You are 'smokin'! I love your sock design and I drool every time I see the texture time shawl plus your socks plus your Rowe.....love it all! Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Busy busy I don’t know how you manage it. Well done on all your progress.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, you've really been productive knit-wise during your break from teaching! So many pretty things! I took a look at the Advent Scarf pattern and even though I'm a novice knitter I can see that is going to be a pretty scarf! I look forward to seeing yours grow.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really love the yarn you use for that Advent shawl, this will be very pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love all of your projects. The advent scarf is gorgeous and I love the mitts. I was very tempted myself, but must get other things done!

    ReplyDelete
  6. How do you manage to get so much done each week and work full time? You amaze me. You must be a super fast knitter.

    ReplyDelete