Saturday, November 3, 2018

NaBloPoMo 2018 Day 3

Good morning and welcome to NaBloPoMo Day 3!  I had a productive knitting (and work) day all rolled into one!  I had a conference to go to yesterday and I took along my Christmas Socks to work on along the drive.  I went with my sidekick from work and she did the driving.  It was too dark on the way there to knit, but once we were settled into the conference I checked with someone running the conference if it was OK for me to knit - and she was fine with that.  So I knit for the six hours we were there!  I managed to add about two inches onto my Christmas socks (two at a time) so I was happy with that!  Here is where I am now (the blue marker is where I was before I started for the day):


I had someone ask in the comments yesterday about how I work out how many stitches I do per day to add to my NaKniMo count.  I actually keep track of how many rows I do and know how many stitches I have per row and then do the math to work it out at the end of the day.  So for example yesterday - I kept track of how many rounds I did on my Christmas socks - 23 1/2.  I know each sock has 64 stitches so I multiplied 23 rounds times 64 stitches per round times 2 socks + 64 for the half round to get to a total of 3008 stitches knit on my socks.  I also added a few rows on my Texture Time Shawl and worked it out the same way - I have worked out how many stitches there are in each of the 12 short rows and how many stitches there are in the Latvian braid rows - so when I knit I keep track of which rows I did in a day and then work out how many stitches that was.  So for my Texture Time Shawl yesterday I did from row 7 through 12 on the squiggle section which gave me 306 stitches.  So my total for yesterday was 3314 stitches! So far I am ahead of schedule! 


3 comments:

  1. I smile each time I see your Christmas socks. I really really love the color running through them. Conferences are the best knitting places. I have done it several times and I actually retain more info than if I just sit and listen.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for answering my question, Karen. That makes total sense. I'm impressed with how much knitting you're getting done!

    ReplyDelete