Sunday, November 18, 2018

Eighth Year of Projects - Week 21


Today is Week 21 of the Eigth Year of Projects, NaBloPoMo Day 18, and Day 4 of my self imposed WIP-it Down Week!  Whew!!

I have had a good week crafting even though I had quite a few work commitments interfering with my crafting time!  My WIP-it Down Week began on Thursday and I have been able to give some attention to a couple languishing projects!  

I finished the sleeves on my Rowe Cardigan!  I am happy with that and now am ready to begin the two front panels.  This sweater is getting closer to completion! YAY!!  My progress this week on the sleeves is from the green marker:



I shook the dust off my Sock Scrap-ghan too!  I tucked in some tails, I sorted all my sock yarn balls into two baskets - already used in the blankie and still need to be used in the blankie - and I added three little squares.  Hopefully I can add several more squares later in the upcoming week when I devote a second day to this project. The red, brown, and blue squares are the new ones:



And I have spent some time on my Vanilla Christmas Socks.  I am now ready to pick up and do the gussets.  I usually gauge myself as around half way through a pair of socks once I begin the gusset decreasing!  My progress from last week is from the blue marker:



I also did a couple rows on Texture Time, but will wait and show a picture next week as it looks very much the same as last week!


And finally I dyed three skeins of yarn to begin the Advent Scarf 2018 pattern!  I will cake up the yarn and cast on the ribbing this week sometime this week. The regular clues will begin to appear daily on November 24th.



I also posted Episode 10 of my podcast last night!



12 comments:

  1. Wow, I love the colour you dyed! Really pretty! I only tried dying once and although I had loads of fun I decided that this is not something for me to do on a regular basis, way too much to think about for my taste...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so glad to see you will be in the Advent scarf KAL too. You are one of the reasons I decided to try a KAL. Your items are always so nice that you make. You got quite a bit of knitting done this week. I love the color of your dyed yarn for the scarf. I agree about socks being half way done with the gusset. Yet, why does it seem to take longer to do the foot?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. YAY for more people in the KAL ♥ For me the foot seems to take forever - but I do have a size 10 wide foot...

      Delete
  3. Wow what an amazingly productive week you’ve had. Well done! Lovely stuff. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Week 21 already? That's getting awfully close to being half-way through. It boggles the mind how that happens.

    You've gotten a lot done on your WIPs this week. And that yarn you died is so pretty! I look forward to watching you knit your Advent scarf with it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your purple yarn is gorgeous, can't wait to see the scarf made from that. Yay for sleeves and I love the way the socks are knitting up.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow! You get so much accomplished in one week and a podcast too! I love your newly self-dyed yarn and all your other projects too!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow, look at all that progress! How did you manage to get those sleeves so even? I'm impressed!

    ReplyDelete